As ever, we are exceptionally proud of the students of Leigh Academy Tonbridge (formerly Hayesbrook Academy) for their performance in this year’s A level and vocational examinations. Our students are off to pursue a range of exciting university courses, apprenticeships and careers.
Students across the cohort achieved an average of a C grade (including equivalents). Performance in the vocational qualifications was particularly strong with students in the double business BTEC and Cambridge Technical sport achieving an average grade of a Distinction +. 21 pupils (81% of all students) sat either an Applied General and/or Technical qualification further highlighting the successes shared across the year group.
Worthy of note is the performance of some individuals, these include:
- Tom: B in A level geography, B in A level biology, double Distinction * in Cambridge Technical sport . Tom will go on to the University of Brighton to study a degree in sport science.
- Henry: B in A level geography, double Distinction * in Cambridge Technical sport. Henry has been accepted to join the Police in 2024.
- Jake: Distinction in BTEC business, double Distinction * in Cambridge Technical sport. Jake will be going to the University of Brighton to study BEd in physical education.
- Joe: Distinction in BTEC business, Distinction * / Distinction in Cambridge Technical sport. Joe has been accepted to student sport science at the University of Brighton.
- Mackaye: C in A level graphics,, double Distinction * in Cambridge Technical sport. Mackaye will be attending Canterbury Christ Church University to study sports science and coaching.
- Oliver: C in A level history, C in extended project, double Distinction * in double business BTEC
- Ben: Double distinction * in BTEC business and distinction in BTEC IT.
Mr Crow, Principal, said: “I am absolutely delighted for our students. They have worked exceptionally hard over the last two years to achieve some brilliant results and are going on to some very exciting destinations. The students have been an incredible asset to Hayesbrook for the last seven years and we are very proud of the fine young men that they have become!”.